Have franticly fragmented day today. I start the day feeling completely achy and light-headed and this immediately convinces me that I am coming down with Cat Flu, or possibly TB. The tube is inordinately crowded and I am disappointed to miss the train that was full of firemen and instead shared my very personal space with a hung over trader who smelt of whisky and had left his tie, belt and ability to button a shirt correctly at the house of whatever nameless woman he spend the night with. (Note to self: attribute disappointment over firemen to delirium caused by Cat Flu/TB/Bubonic Plague should Husband To Be comment on it)
Spend an inordinate amount of time quoting for Christmas parties and trying to stop my eyes from rolling up in my head. Have one woman request a quote for Christmas 2007 and am still unable to decide whether she was being hideously efficient (why for the love of God?) or too dim to realise that December the 25th still counts as this year.
Attended a performance of the Shaolin Monks at the Peacock Theatre with HTB in the evening. Would love to be witty and superior about the experience - and certainly the couple seated in front of us who had a full scale domestic via text (yes I peaked over her shoulder) gave me plenty of scope, but in truth I feel too privileged to have been in the presence of such skill and discipline to say anything facetious.
Am treated to the singular site of myself with a halo on the way home. The train stops outside Waterloo, and my reflection is momentarily framed by the lights of the London Eye. A Madonna sans child if you will. When I point this out to HTB with great excitement, he smiles at me sweetly and remarkes that I see the world very differently from other people; personally I like to think it's one of the things he loves most about me!
As Holly Golightly would say "quel day"
Tuesday, 3 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment