Wednesday, 25 October 2006

Coughing and Sneezing and Drugs Oh My ...

Sunday 22nd October

Weekend does not run exactly to plan, (although so far as know Laura does not look under bed) but good time had by all and musical Wicked is just that. Witness bizarre conversation on train home between Girl In Carriage and Over-protective Sister On Platform who spend time yelling into phones from either side of carriage window. Entire discussion of GIC's safety held at top volume with apparent disregard for the fact that we can hear them discussing whether she will be safe with us, the other occupants of the carriage. GIC in desperation asks entire carriage to promise she will be safe, at which we all smile and nod through window before assuming mock stabbing and throttling poses behind GIC's back and waving to the sister as the train pulls out.

Spend Sunday morning planting bulbs in rain and catch HTB's cold. Can understand why bulb packet advises starting in August as planting bulbs very, very time consuming and not very rewarding and I give up early and go to bed.


Monday 23rd October

Take day off work, which leads to key fiasco and great deal of trouble for Dear Friend Rachel and HTB. Forgiveness of both says more for their generosity of spirit, than my worthiness and guilt contributes to generally rotten day. Take lots of drugs and stay in bed.



Tuesday 24th

More drugs, sleeeep, drugs.



Wednesday 25th

Return to work very bleary. Day starts as it apparently intends to go on when I ask the Station Master for a return ticket and he very patiently prompts me with Where To? I apologise and specify London. He does not appear reassured when I brightly remark that it must be all the drugs I have taken, but kindly tells me I am not the first person to do it. Can tell that he is secretly composing blog on the stupidity of customers on the inside.

Train very slow due to derailment and tube hideously crowded. Number of platforms available at Waterloo decreases throughout day until only Eurostar appears left. Optimistically suggest to HTB that this is sign that we should spend weekend in Paris and he reminds me of impending visit of children. HTB not amused by my confession that it was with this in mind I suggested Paris. Reflect that honesty in a step parent not always advisable trait.

No comments:

Post a Comment