I am currently rereading "Running from Safety" by Richard Bach and was fascinated again by the idea that the Universe sends us messages if we only open our eyes and look around, so I decided to try an experiment on my tube journey to work.
The obvious place to start is the signs that jump out at you from every angle and in the space of a few minutes I am gratified to find that "life is more exciting if I say yes", that "yes I can" and that I'm "onederful" and "simply devine" - thank you Universe!
I am not so sure about the relevance of "stand on the right", personally I've always leaned to the left, but I know that I am "way out" and "no smoking" is a given. But what I pondered, would my life be like, if I were to "hold onto the handrail and stay away from the edge"?
I am roused from my ponderings by the awareness that a young man is staring at me on the tube. After checking my zip is done up I become convinced that he is reading my mind and became paranoid about what he might make of my mental blithering. I decide to test my theory, so I think to him "are you reading my mind" and waited for a reaction...
... Not so much as a twitch - this guy is good! So do I breath a sigh of relief and drop the whole subject as being paranoid and improbable? No of course not - I take it to the next level by telling some jokes in my head to see if I can trick him into smiling and giving himself away.
Thankfully I get no response - either he isn't psychic, or I'm not as funny as I think I am (votes on a postcard ....) and I am able to leave the tube, mental blithering undetected, only leaving behind me a young man wondering why that strange woman had been squinting at him.
(In case you are wondering, squinting is necessary to psychic transmission!).
Thursday, 7 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment