Thursday, 25 September 2008

Mailing List Mystery

I have to admit I'm on a lot of mailing lists - I can't help it, they are a weakness of mine - I hate the feeling I might be missing out on something, so I tick the little box and then spend the rest of my life trying to work out why I wanted to hear about the products I am sent.

This time however I cannot for the life of me work out what little box I ticked that hinted I might be in the market for the following product, which arrived in my inbox today:

"Dear all,

Insignia International is proud to be able to offer you the unique opportunity to invest in this outstanding 'personally signed' replica of the ice axe used by the late Sir Edmund Hillary on the 29th May 1953."

I mean darlings, I'm all for vintage ice picks, but only for chipping ice for my vintage cocktails. And presumably since Sir Edmund is no longer with us, it's replica signature on his replica axe.

Sadly the price was not revealed, But one can't help but think that "easy installments" might come into it somewhere.

Be sure this will NOT be on my Christmas list!

No comments:

Post a Comment