
3rd March
Awake from very pleasant dream in which I am living on Montana ranch with the actor Mark Harmon and riding horses in mountains and on the beach. (Unconscious apparently not bothered by minor problem of geographical location of Montana preventing it from having beaches nor does it acknowledge HTB or Mr. Harmon's wife of many years.) Think it best not to explore nature of my enjoyment of dream and indeed its entire existence should probably not be mentioned to HTB at all as really think I am too old to have unsuitable crushes on people.
Burt the Squirrel reappears but is traveling stag, which leads to speculation that Ernie is really Ernetta and is now nesting somewhere. Glorious sunshine also brings a pair of foxes to sun bathe in the garden where they exchange beady looks with the cats and follow the sun from garden to garden. ..

Later it occurs to me that leaving out chicken carcass and eggs that were going off for them to eat in almost exact spot that I intend to build chicken coop possibly not best idea, but as is so often the case in my life it seems like a good idea at the time. Robin Redbreast returns to bird table and I count that 15 of the million bulbs I planted have come up and 5 of them have even flowered, which my Mother says is very good as Bulbs Are Notoriously Tricky.
Green house full of seedlings as leeks, onions, cabbage and sprouts all shoot up, French Lavender resolutely refuses to make appearance and only one bean (query also French and if so is this significant?) out of six germinates. Decide to play French music in greenhouse to see if that helps but can only find Edith Piaf and worry that I may have depressed other plants.
Nevertheless feel very Country Womanish and Green Fingered but don't like to ask what neighbours make of Non Je Ne Regrette Rien booming out from the greenhouse.
Outdoors theme continues in the evening, when bundled in furs and clutching a hot water bottle I watch the most spectacular lunar eclipse and reminisce about how lucky I have been with full moons (Loy Krathong in Thailand and a certain August full moon in Massachusetts spring to mind) sunrises (Hong Kong, Death Valley and Massachusetts) sunsets (Thailand and Salem MA,) and moon rises (Tenerife), not to mention my favorite picture of the Earth rising taken from the Moon which graces the staff canteen in the Boston Museum of Science.
No comments:
Post a Comment